Visitors flock beneath the Grand Palais‘ nave in Paris, every year to see the unique masterpiece that has been specially created for Monumenta. For the 5th ever Monumenta, the French painter and sculptor Daniel Buren will take over the spectacular 13,500m² space from May 10th to June 21st.
Daniel Buren’s unique masterpiece specially created for Monumenta 2012
Last year saw Anish Kapoor’s Léviathan attract over 270,000 visitors and now it’s time for Daniel Buren to bring his own masterpiece to the Grand Palais’ nave.
Famous for his columns in the Palais Royal’s courtyard, Buren is unquestionably one of the most famous French artists in the world. Since beginning his career in the 60s, he has overseen almost 2000 exhibitions all over the world.
Monumenta 2012 : Daniel Buren
- Nef du Grand Palais – Avenue Winston Churchill – Paris 8ème
- Du 10 mai au 21 juin 2012
- Every day except Tuesday - from 10h to 19h Monday and Wednesday - until midnight Thursday to Sunday
- Metro Station: Champs Elysées – Clémenceau, Line 13
- Monumenta 2012 : further information
Hotel Marais Bastille, a 3 star Design hotel in the heart of Paris.