Paris: An international centre of Contemporary Art
Published on 12 September 2017, dans Exhibitions and Museums
Our city furthers her proud reputation as a major world centre for contemporary art with two outstanding events this autumn. The annual Grand Marché d'Art Contemporain de Bastille, a stunningly huge art market, will follow hot on the heels of FIAC, the renowned International Contemporary Art Fair. Contemporary art lovers should not miss these essential events.
Contemporary Art events upcoming in Paris
Becoming more diverse and exciting every year, the Grand Marché d'Art Contemporain de Bastille is a colossal art market which takes place in the Place de la Bastille. Around 500 French and international artists present their work from October 30th to November 3rd. It’s an opportunity to meet talented contemporary artists and view their creative endeavours in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere. There is no middle man, so the works sell at studio prices and there is something for all budgets. Don’t miss the photography, drawing and etching space located on the boulevard Bastille.
Prior to this, to whet your appetite for making a purchase or two, FIAC takes place from October 23rd to 26th in the gorgeous setting of the Grand Palais. The Foir Internationale d’Art Contemporain will offer more than 150 exhibitors from over 25 countries coming together to present their work in an electric atmosphere. Since 1974 this show has garnered a magnificent reputation as one of the world’s leading contemporary and modern art events. Lectures, film screenings, outdoor displays and the announcement of the winner of the Prix Marcel Duchamp are just some of the many delights FIAC will have in store for you.
- ART ÉLYSÉES: October 23-27, 2014
- DESIGN ÉLYSÉES : October 23-27, 2014 Champs Elysées, Paris 8th Detailed programme and information on the official site
- FIAC: October 23-26 Grand Palais and other landmarks of Paris: Detailed information on the official site Grand Palais Nave - Main entrance Avenue Winston Churchill, Paris 8th Metro : Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau, lines 1, 13
- Grand Marché d'Art Contemporain de Bastille: October 30 - November 3, 2014 Place de La Bastille, Paris 11th
- Crédit photo : © jean-louis Zimmermann
Hotel Marais Bastille, a 3 star Design hotel in the heart of Paris.